Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Car Salesmen, Colors, and Jokes about Seats

Today, Bryan and I woke up at 6:45, got dressed and drove about an hour away to look at a new car. Bryan has decided that he wants to trade in his Ford Ranger, for a new Escape. We looked on the interent and thought that "Sonic Blue" would be a nice color.
(Who thinks of the name for cars? Why can't we buy a "Light Blue" car, or "Red" instead of "Fireball Red.")
Well, we get over to the dealership after being lost, 2 times, (he blames the map) and notice that our "Sonic Blue" is purple. I don't think that there are any words to describe the color except, "Regular Purple."
So we start looking at different colors and agree we like the "Metallic Green." It's not really a green it's more of a umm... light turquoise color. Very pretty.
So, we begin to test drive it. I look at Bryan and see his eyes just light up with this little gleam he has. I don't think I have ever seen him look cuter.
Well on the test drive, Bryan says something about how much he likes "the leather seats." Well I look down at my butt, and see no leather, only cloth. So I start laughing, not just a chuckle, a LAUGH. Finally, Bryan realizes that were not driving the one with leather and begins to laugh too. The salesmen, who must of not heard Bryan's comment, just sits in the backseat and looks at us like we are two complete idiots. After about 10 minutes of laughing, we finally stop.
(I'm honestly not sure why Bryan's mistake was so funny. I think that we were just both in a good mood.)
So the car salesmen wants to "run some figures by us."
After an hour of figures, we decide that we are going to keep looking.
I don't think that I have ever had a more fun day shopping for cars.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, July 14, 2005, Blogger Anisa said...

hehe! glad yall had so much fun.

you sound like you're still high from post-engagement excitement. so happy for yall!!

 
At Thursday, July 14, 2005, Blogger SeizeTheNite said...

Having fun while car-shopping is rare.
Sounds like you're doing the shopping with the right guy, even if he doesn't know too much about leather seats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home